Onions stuffed with snails and Bleu d’Auvergne cheese
Preparation of the recipe
- The day before, preheat your oven to 160°C, put the onion in aluminium foil and bake for about 45 minutes depending on the size.
- Take it out and cool it in the fridge.
- Remove the aluminium foil around the onion.
- Cut the tip to make a hat and with a spoon, scoop out the inside of the onion without damaging the edges.
- Roughly chop the inside of the previously removed onion.
- Drain and rinse the snails.
- Heat a panel with a touch of olive oil and fry the snails with bacon.
- Add the inside of the onion, mix and let it cook for a bit longer.
- Finally, add the cream, Bleu d'Auvergne cheese, previously diced, salt, pepper and chopped chives.
- Let the cream reduce down and thicken.
- Dress by putting everything back into the onion shell, keeping a few snails to put around it.
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 dozen tinned snails
- 40 g of Dischamp Bleu d'Auvergne cheese
- 150 g of single cream
- 25 g diced bacon
- Olive oil